Sunday, November 10, 2013

Let the children be children



"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

- Incredible John Lennon


So.. this made me wonder.. Well, maybe some schools are fine and give a positive effect on children, but I'm more than sure about that many schools today just brain wash children how everything is suppose to be. They teach the stereotyped way of thinking,believe and behave. That the schools today destroy a lot of the children's beautiful imaginations, dreams and positive energy. They are trying to take away the sharing, creativity and love from the children. I have a feeling that a lot of the ego, competitions, fear and the "one perspective" way of thinking comes from many of today's schools. Children have a tremendous capacity for innovation. They have the courage to try, doesn't matter if they do know or not, they will try anyway, they are not afraid to make mistakes. In school a lot of us  lose this ability, we learn to be afraid to be wrong, we get afraid to say what we think, feel or create because it might not be the stereotyped "right" is.  Today, many of us live with the fear of making mistakes, of failing. Now in the national education system, being wrong is the worst thing you can do. As a consequence, people are educated to lose creative capabilities.

It scares me, a lot. Let the children be children, not robots. 

Creativity is not acquired as we grow but lost. Better said we are educated to lose it.







No comments:

Post a Comment